Staying youthful is at the top of everyone’s wish list as they grow older. However, gravity and natural elements seem to have conspired to deliver a different result as we age.
To achieve that youthful look, In this article, we demonstrate how you can reverse the dreaded sagging skin on your face naturally with guaranteed results.
A Number of products and companies, promise to help you achieve this goal, but at a stip cost to both your pocket and skin health. Although there are a good number of products out there, that can work that magic and help you look younger, the Natural alternative is always the Best.
Let’s address some common questions before we jump into Natural Remedies;
What Causes Face to Sag?
- Facial Sagging is as a Result of loss of Collagen in the skin. Collagen gives the skin its elasticity.
- Loss of facial fat, the absence of facial fat causes the Skin to Drop
- Long exposure to UV light over time, causes an aggressive breakdown of Collagen
How do you keep your face from sagging?
- Avoid Long exposure to UV light.
- Make Healthy Choices; No smoking or Excessive alcohol.
- Eat a well-balanced diet
- Exercise regularly, but not too long in the sun.
- Follow skincare regimen. (follow our Blog on Pinterest and Facebook for a weekly update on Skincare)
1) Apply sunscreen (Organic Ones)
Exposure to the sun over extended periods and especially in the middle of the day will expose your skin to the harmful UV rays.
UV rays break down collagen which gives skin its elasticity. More importantly, you produce less collagen as you age.
By applying a sun-block or sunscreen, you preserve much of the collagen and block the harmful rays from penetrating below the skin surface.
This Will help with your Sagging Facial skin.
Find the Best Natural and Organic Sunscreen on Amazon (https://amzn.to/2M2PVzQ)
2) Non-surgical skin tightening
Collagen is the main ingredient responsible for maintaining skin elasticity. That said, laser treatment where heat is pulsed through lasers to stimulate collagen production has proved most useful.
However, younger people produce better results as compared to folks in their 60’s that have lost most of their skin’s ability to produce collagen naturally.
This procedure is otherwise not recommended for expectant mothers, people with any skin infections or when taking certain medications.
Best results are expected where habitually you’ve been taking a healthy diet; you are a non- smoker, drink very little alcohol, and have been protecting your skin from the sun.
3) Adjust your sleeping position
Sleeping while facing down is the single habit that is responsible for new lines forming on your face every day. These wrinkle lines created eventually become permanent and more pronounced.
To correct this, change-over the sleeping position and minimize contact between your face and the pillow. Where possible, sleeping on your back is the ideal position. This will take away wrinkle lines off your face.
4) Facial exercises
Exercising any part of the body is aimed at strengthening and toning the underlying muscles. Therefore, exercising your face a few minutes every day will yield the same results. Facial exercises build muscles that fill out the sagging skin giving you that fresh outlook
Drinking enough water all day long or at least 2 litters ensure that your facial skin stays irrigated thereby getting rid of toxins and premature wrinkles.
Additional remedies include:
5) Egg white mixed with natural yogurt
Eggs white builds a layer of protection on the skin known as hydro-lipid which keeps germs away while maintaining the much-needed elasticity
• Beat and combine 2 egg whites one teaspoon of natural yogurt together.
• Spread a thin layer over the Sagging, wrinkled skin and allow the mixture to sit for 30 minutes
• Rinse out with warm water.
• Repeat this treatment for at least three times a week for good results.
6) Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera is a natural remedy perfect for reducing wrinkles and signs of premature aging.
To achieve desired results mix
• One tablespoon of Aloe Vera gel, one tablespoon of coconut oil and one teaspoon of honey
• Spread on the affected area and leave for 20 minutes.
• Rinse with cold water and repeat this every two days for great results.
Rose water is excellent for preventing sagging of facial skin and premature aging. Also, it is very effective at getting rid of blackheads and dead skin.
For this purpose use:
• ¼ cup of rose water, I teaspoon of lemon juice, one teaspoon of witch hazel
• Pour all the ingredients into a container with a lid and shake it into a mix.
• Using a cotton pad, apply the mixture to the sagging skin area.
• This remedy can be used every day
In Conclusion, aging is a natural process but, looking good for your age need not be a dream that cannot be achieved or be an expensive affair. Practicing these few steps will get you closer to your desired facial skin.